A behind-the-scenes look at the real lives of surgical residents, from the author of The Medical Science of House, M.D.
Do surgeons talk about their sex lives while cutting a heart open? How do surgeons respond to death? How do they react when asked to save the life of an abuser, criminal, or addict?
Since its debut, the ABC medical drama Grey’s Anatomy has asked such questions. With an emphasis on the personal lives of the surgical interns, residents, and attending physicians, the show has generated interest in how these professionals survive this rigorous educational program. How much of its drama is entertainment, and how much is accurate? Here, a medical journalist provides answers. He examines a group of new surgical residents in the Pacific Northwest as they tackle long hours, fascinating procedures, and emotional ups and downs that comprise the life of a student of surgery.
Autor: ANDREW HOLTZ
Nº de páginas: 318
Tamaño: 21.04 Mb
- DESCARGAR GRATIS EL GRAN LIBRO DEL CUERPO HUMANO: LA GUIA VISUAL DEFINITIVA – ALICE ROBERTS
Get under your skin with this access-all-areas guide to the human body Discover a breathtaking portrait of the human body as it's never been seen before, using the latest medical and microscopic imaging. The Complete Human Body covers the development, form, […]
- DESCARGAR GRATIS HOUSE, M.D. LA CIENCIA MEDICA:. REALIDADES Y FICCIONES MEDICAS EN LA ADICTIVA SERIE DE TV – ANDREW HOLTZ
Autor: ANDREW HOLTZ
Nº de páginas: 257
Tamaño: 36.06 Mb
- DESCARGAR GRATIS ENFERMEDADES DEL CORAZON: PREVENCION, PELIGROS, CONSEJOS PRACTICO S… – GREGORIO JESUS PALACIOS
Garcia-Cervi Placing crucial information at patients' fingertips, this series provides the necessary knowledge, compiled by expert doctors, for patients to approach their healthcare prepared and informed. Written for a general audience these guides include […]
- DESCARGAR GRATIS DIABETES MELLITUS: CAUSAS, DETECCION PRECOZ, TRATAMIENTO – ANA GARZARAN TEIJEIRO
Ana Garzaran TeijeiroPlacing crucial information at patients' fingertips, this series provides the necessary knowledge, compiled by expert doctors, for patients to approach their healthcare prepared and informed. Written for a general audience these guides […]
- DESCARGAR GRATIS INSIDE THE HUMAN BODY: A SOURCEBOOK FOR ARTIST AND DESIGNERS
Inside the Human Body features fascinating detailed images of the human figure from the 19th century. In the mid- and late 19th century, substantial advancements in medical science were made, in part as a result of the development of new instruments that facilitated […]
- DESCARGAR GRATIS LOS ANTIDOTOS Y OTROS PRODUCTOS ANTITOXICOS – JOSE CABRERA FORNEIRO
Introducción Condensed from the book regarded for a quarter of a century as the "gold standard" reference in the field of emergency toxicology: Goldfrank's Toxicologic Emergencies. Supplies information on the scientific principles that explain how toxins affect […]